(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


August 28: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

As we come to the end of August, each year my mind is filled with memories because the last two weeks of this month are very special to us Norbertines of Saint Norbert Abbey. The feast of our holy father, St. Augustine of Hippo, is the date that all of us have entered the community, have taken our Solemn Vows, and for me August 29th was the date on which I was ordained a priest. For example, this year August 28th represents 56 years that I have been a Norbertine, 51 years in Solemn Vows, and August 29th will be the 48th anniversary of my ordination as a priest. So these days bring back many memories of times past and hopefully of many more to come. I invite you to join with me and my fellow Norbertines as we celebrate our anniversaries.

Kindly also continue to keep Father Conrad Kratz in your prayers. As announced earlier, Father Conrad suffered a rather serious stroke earlier this month, and he continues to recover at Saint Norbert Abbey. He will have a long road to recovery, so let us hold him in prayer each day. At the present time visitors are restricted to members of the Norbertine community, and when this changes, I will let you know. In the meantime, Father appreciates all the cards, prayers, and well wishes that people send to him. Should you wish to send Father a card, this is his address:

Rev. Conrad Kratz, O.Praem.
Saint Norbert Abbey
1016 North Broadway
De Pere, WI 54115

Our Holy Cross School opens for the new school year of 2011-12 on Thursday, September 1st. Our opening of school Mass will be on Friday, September 2nd, at 8 am. All are invited to attend as we ask God’s blessings on our school and its new year. Let us also pray that Almighty God will watch over, guide, and protect our new GRACE School System.

I do hope that you will participate in our “Football Mania” fundraiser by purchasing and selling the tickets. Also mark your calendars for our “Fall Fest” – Saturday, September 10th.

Coming Attraction: To help us prepare as a parish community for the new Roman Missal and way of celebrating the Eucharist, in October I will be offering a program sponsored by the Diocese called “A Biblical Walk Through The Mass.” At the present time, I am planning morning and evening sessions over a five-week period that hopefully will give us a better understanding of and appreciation for our central act of worship – the Mass. More information will be forthcoming. Please note that Lori and I will be attending a Diocesan training session for this on Wednesday, August 31; therefore, the office will be closed Wednesday morning.

Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 8.28.11 Church Bulletin

No comments: