(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


July 24: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

I do hope that all of you were able to deal with the excessive heat and humidity of the past week. For me it brought back childhood memories of living in South Philadelphia in the middle of the summer, in an asphalt and concrete environment which just absorbed the heat, and there was no air conditioning except in the movie theatres. Last week I simply kept indoors and enjoyed the air conditioning. It also provided me with food for thought and reminded me to “Thank God” for all the blessings which I have and which you also enjoy.

Congratulations to Cindy and Eric Van Laanen on the birth and this week the Baptism of their infant daughter, Ava Grace. Ava was a premature child and by the grace of God is growing and developing and is a beautiful baby. We welcome her this weekend as the newest member of our church and parish, and we hold her and her parents in prayer as they will be the first teachers of their child in the ways of our faith. May they be the best of teachers!

As a parish community we welcome to our area and to our Diocese Fathers Peter and Jewel, two members of the community of the “Fathers of Mercy” from Auburn, KY, who are taking care of the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help. Father Peter is the Rector and Fr Jewel is his Associate. As a faith community we welcome them and rejoice that our Shrine will have two resident priests to minister to the needs of the growing number of pilgrims who are coming from all over the United States and Canada. I offered Mass at the Shrine last Monday afternoon for people from Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in De Pere and learned while there that an ever increasing number of people are coming to the Shrine every day. I believe that we are witnessing the beginning of what is going to be a tremendous amount of growth in that area. The Shrine will grow and grow, and the surrounding area will have to grow to support the needs of the people who will come. Let us pray that God will bless this venture and that our faith will increase and grow over the years.

My annual visitors from San Francisco have begun their journey to come and visit me. At the present time they are somewhere in Montana. Betty and Emmet Smith are like family to me, and I look forward to their annual visit. Kindly welcome them when you see them during their time in our fair city.

Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 7.24.11 Church Bulletin

No comments: