My Dear Parishioners,
“This is the Day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad. He has risen as He said...Alleluia, Alleluia!” I wish you all a Blessed and Happy Easter! A special “THANK YOU” for all who worked so very hard to make our celebration of “HOLY WEEK” and “EASTER” the wonderful liturgical experience that it was:
* Thank you to our choirs, music ministers – your music made our Liturgical celebrations the beautiful and wonderful experience that they were. The time, effort, practice, and the energy that you gave was and is deeply appreciated.
* Thank you to our Lectors and Eucharistic ministers, our people who bring the Eucharist to the homebound and nursing centers - your ministry is also deeply appreciated.
* Thank you to Jeff and Jan Walton and their committee who work so very well in preparing our church for all the holidays. Their decorations are always tasteful, beautiful, and fitting. We deeply appreciate all the time and effort you bring to this ministry.
* Thank you to our servers, sacristans, and others who prepare our Sanctuary, Altar, and Church with the items necessary for the celebration of Mass.
* Thank you to the “Over-the-Hill Gang,” to all those who clean our church monthly and for the high holy days, know that your time and work are deeply appreciated.
* Thank you to our ushers, greeters, and others who work behind the scenes to make certain that all is in order for our worship, you also are appreciated.
* Thank you also to the members of Holy Cross Parish Family, your Good Stewardship makes it possible for Holy Cross Parish to be here in Bay Settlement.
Last Sunday, Palm Sunday, after the 10 am Mass, Matt Jadin, a parishioner and senior at Notre Dame Academy, received from the Boy Scouts of America the rank of “EAGLE SCOUT.” I congratulate him upon entering a very special group of men, those who have achieved the rank of “EAGLE SCOUT.” You may remember that last year Matt took on the project of building a required fence around our parish’s “Pioneer Cemetery.” Those who know Matt know that he is an outstanding young man, and we as a parish are very proud of him. Congratulations, Matt!
As has been announced our parish office will be closed this entire Easter Week. Lori will be on a well deserved vacation and I also am taking some time away for rest and relaxation. Should there be an emergency, I can be reached on my cell phone (920-619-7844). Please do not be afraid to call if it is necessary. Again, I wish you all a Blessed Easter as we celebrate the Lord’s Resurrection.
Oremus pro invicem,
Related link: 4.24.11 Church Bulletin
(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)