(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


January 22/23: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

I know that all of us will be watching the Packer game this Sunday afternoon and we all prayerfully hope our Packers will be victorious. Because of this game, I am cancelling the re-scheduled “Parish Christmas Open House” which was first cancelled because of the December blizzard. We will plan for our “Open House” this coming December.

Last Tuesday (1/18/11) Lori and I attended “The Annual Bishop’s Appeal” kickoff meeting at the Wycislo Center. At the meeting each parish was given its assessment for this year’s Appeal. Our assessment for the 2011 Bishop’s Appeal is $37,546.00 (an increase of $1,490.00 from last year’s assessment). In addition, we still owe $7,052.00 from the 2010 Bishop’s Appeal. I do ask that you support the Bishop’s Appeal and help us meet the goal that has been assigned to us. We will be having second collections in an attempt to pay off last year’s assessment.

This past week I received a letter from Bishop Ricken informing me that he has assigned Deacon Jim Heider to St. Joseph Parish in Oneida and Immaculate Conception Parish, also in Oneida, effective immediately. We here at Holy Cross offer our Congratulations to Deacon Jim on his new assignment and offer him our sincere “Thank You” for his past service to our parish family here in Bay Settlement.

I would like to thank Marcia Knoebel, who plays and sings at many of our Masses, for accepting the position of Music Director for the parish. Marcia brings to the job her many gifts and talents and her beautiful voice.

As I announced last week, I will be giving a series of homilies in the coming weeks explaining the changes that will take place the first Sunday of Advent in the manner and way that we offer and celebrate the Mass. I will also be making available a number of bulletin inserts that will help us prepare for these changes. I know that Advent 2011 seems very far off in the distant future, but the changes are large in number and affect every aspect of the Mass, and so I want our parish family to be well prepared for them.

Lent and Easter will be upon us very soon. Ash Wednesday is March 9th. Easter is as late this year as it can ever be – Sunday, April 24th. I will be offering a “Bible Study Group,” similar to the Advent group. In addition, the Diocese is encouraging parishes to sponsor “Renew – small faith group sharing” with the theme “Longing for the Holy.” If you are interested in organizing or sponsoring a small faith sharing group, please call the parish office. Materials are available to guide each group in its meetings.

Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 1.23.11 Church Bulletin

No comments: