(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


January 15/16: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

Please remember that we will be taking down and storing the church Christmas decorations after the 10 am Mass this weekend. If you can give some of your time and energy to help accomplish this, it will be deeply appreciated.

Congratulations and best wishes to Tim & Katrina Bronander on the Baptism of their daughter, Olivia, this weekend at the 10 am Mass. Congratulations also to the proud grandparents, Al & Lynn Herrman. Please remember that we will be having our parish open house on Sunday, January 23, from 3—7 pm. I will provide the adult recreational beverages. We ask if you so desire to bring a dish of one of your favorite appetizers to pass. I will be making my famous crab mold spread and my cocktail meatballs.

We will be initiating our second collection beginning this weekend to try to pay off our Bishop’s Appeal assessment from last year. We have been billed for $7,052 that we did not raise last year. I ask your cooperation in helping us eliminate this debt. I received a letter this week from Josh Diedrich of the Bishop’s Appeal office informing us that our assessment for this year is $37,646, an increase of $1,490.

Every year our 8th grade class sponsors a spaghetti dinner to raise money for their annual class trip. I will be making an extra large batch of my spaghetti sauce and meatballs for their dinner. I’d like to encourage you to support this fundraising project for our 8th grade class. The dinner will be on Saturday, February 5th.

Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 1.16.11 Church Bulletin

No comments: