(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


January 1/2: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

First of all I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year, and my prayers are that it may be a prosperous, blessed and wonderful year for you and your family. I do hope that your Christmas was an enjoyable and restful one and that you were able to enter into the Spirit of this special Feast. I had a wonderful Christmas and prepared dinner for two of my friends. The days after Christmas I used as vacation and restful time, so they were most enjoyable.

Please remember that this coming week (January 3rd through 7th, Monday – Friday) I will be on retreat and in Chapter with my Norbertine brothers at St. Norbert Abbey. Should there be an emergency you can reach me on my cell phone - 619-7844. Then also remember that I have been called to Brown County jury duty from Monday, January 10th, through Friday, January 14th. You all know how that works, and I may or may not be available, so I have set the week aside for that purpose.

As many of you know, Jeanne Pischke, our Music Director, is seriously ill with cancer, and I do ask that you hold her in prayer, especially in the coming weeks as the cancer will continue its course throughout her body. Let us pray that she may have the grace and strength that comes from a deep faith to face the days and weeks ahead. I have worked with Jeanne for the past ten years and, typical of her, she has been encouraging me to begin the search for her replacement. So we are now in the process of looking for someone to fulfill the position of Music Director for Holy Cross Parish. This is a paid position, and we have a job description for the position. It requires that the person be able to play both the piano and organ, accompany the choir, schedule and plan the music for the parish liturgies, etc. If you are interesting in learning more about the position, please feel free to call Lori in the parish office and she will gladly give you the details. Also if you know someone who may fit the position please feel free to tell them about the opening or give Lori the name and phone number and we will contact them.

Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 1.2.11 Church Bulletin

No comments: