(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


We Wait in Joyful Hope

By Faith Formation Director Marti Burkard

I have this little wonderful little book that someone gave to me for my birthday this past year. It has a scripture quotation for each day of the year and I thought that today's quote from scripture really spoke to what I wanted to share with you today in my message. The scripture verse is from Romans 8:24 - 25 and it reads:

"Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."

I don't know about you, but that really speaks to me in my own life right now. God gives us so many things; he asks in return that we believe, that we have hope and faith in Him. We have not seen God. We have not seen Jesus. Yet we are asked to believe in what we haven't seen. Even more, we are asked to wait in patience. All this is the very nature of hope and belief.

No comments: