(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


A Thanksgiving Prayer and Gratitude from HCCS Principal

Submitted by Mrs. Robin Jo Jensen, HCCS principal

Thank you God for everything!
For the gift of life itself and health and well-being,
For the love and support of my friends and family,
For the kindness of strangers,
For the natural beauty I see all around me--mountains, rivers, trees,
For the spiritual wisdom I’ve gained from many teachers and books,
For the courage of social activists protecting our rights and our environment,
For the laughter of children reminding me to play more often,
For the strength I’ve gained from difficulties and hardships,
For the opportunities I’ve had to serve and make the world a better place.”
-- by Corinne McLaughlin 2007

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve your families and your children in my role here at Holy Cross Catholic School. I am so thankful for each of you and for being called to this ministry as Principal. May God bless each of you and your families as you give thanks to our gracious and generous God and as you celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday as family.

2 comments:

Constance Cumbey said...

Did you have even the foggiest idea of the not so nice things Corinne McLaughlin and her husband Gordon Davidson are about: Their favorite things publicly include:

1. A new "Christ" or the "Reappearance of the Christ" who is decidedly NOT Jesus.
2. Open profession of belief in a "conclave of masters" headed by none other than Lucifer himself.
3. Open praise for Alice Ann Bailey (foundress of Lucifer Publishing Company and Lucis Trust); Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (founder of the Theosophical Society -- it's magazine was originally named after its patron saint, "Lucifer."

As Christians, we need more discernment. Much more! As our sacred Scriptures warned us, "when Satan appears, he will appear as an angel of light" -- not to mention a nice smiley face.

Constance E. Cumbey
Author: THE HIDDEN DANGERS OF THE RAINBOW: THE NEW AGE MOVEMENT AND OUR COMING AGE OF BARBARISM

Constance Cumbey said...

I spoke to the Green Bay, Wisconsin Catholic community about these issues in April, 1983. There were parents who brought me disturbing indicators that New Age thought had penetrated some aspects of the Catholic school system in Green Bay and that a group of nuns had formed a new religious order called "New Genesis" after the title of Robert Muller's book by that name. Robert Muller was and still is into the same scenario with Corinne McLaughlin and they are close allies. The Vatican did condemn through Pope John Paul II New Age doctrines as "incompatible with Christianity" in 1993. I hope you will take this to heart as I have fond memories of the Green Bay, Wisconsin Catholic community. Your bishop then, Bishop Maida, went on to head the Archdiocese of Detroit which is my neck of the woods.

Constance E. Cumbey