(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


November 20/21: From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

This Thursday we celebrate “THANKSGIVING DAY” and on behalf of the entire staff, I want to wish you and your family all the Blessings of this feast day. We will have our Annual Mass of Thanksgiving at 9 am on Thursday, November 25, and that is a wonderful way to begin our celebration. For those who will be traveling to be with family and friends, know that my prayers and that of the entire parish community are with you for a safe journey to your destination and also for your return home. I will be celebrating the holiday at the parish house with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Two of my guests are Dr. George and his wife, Pat, Cunningham. They are flying here from Wilmington, Delaware, and will be with me until the Monday after Thanksgiving when they will make their way back to Delaware. George and Pat are long, long-time friends of mine, and in my younger years, George and I were skiing buddies.

The first two weeks of this month we took our annual Mass attendance count. Often parish members will ask me, “How many people attend Mass here on the weekend?” I thought you might be interested in the numbers. The first week we counted a total of 624 people at all 3 Masses with the following by Mass: 4 pm = 212, 8 am = 191, 10 am = 221. Last weekend the count was a total of 714 at all 3 Masses with the following at each Mass: 4 pm = 228, 8 am = 156, and 10 am = 330. The figures give us some idea of how many attend Mass regularly.

Please note that our Parish Office will close at 4 pm on Tuesday, November 23rd, and will re-open on Monday, November 29th. This will enable the parish staff and myself to take a holiday break and relax and enjoy this special season of the year. I will be here throughout the holiday, so if there is an emergency or a special need, please do not hesitate to call me either on the parish phone or on my cell phone.

“HAPPY THANKSGIVING”
Oremus pro invicem,
Fr. Tom

Related link: 11.21.10 Church Bulletin

No comments: