(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


Scrip udpate

Submitted by Scrip Coordinator, Gary Davister

Yes, it will only be a couple of weeks and our children will be back to school and Faith Formation. Along with the start of the new school year, I was wondering if we might have some volunteers who could help fill Scrip Orders on Wednesday and Friday mornings. It would be great to have 2 people on Wednesday and 1 additional person on Friday.

The filling usually starts around 9 a.m. and will take a couple of hours to add the new cards that have been received to our inventory and then to fill the new orders that have been received. Times can be flexible if need be and can be worked out with the other person who is helping with the filling of the orders.

If anyone would like to help sell Scrip on the weekends or on Wednesday evenings but has not been trained, please let me know as I will be setting up a meeting to explain the process. When I receive the names of those people interested, I will send out an email with a couple of date options and we will then set up a meeting for the training. Currently, I have about 4 people who have expressed an interest but will need to be stepped thru the process.

I currently have 3 people who have volunteered to sell scrip on Wednesday evening when the Faith Formation Classes will be meeting. This will be another opportunity to purchase scrip if you are not able to do so during the week or on the weekends. It will be open to the parish and not just Faith Formation Families.

I will be sending out an email shortly to those who currently sell on the weekends asking you to give me dates that you are not able to sell. I will then put together the schedule for the next 3 months for those selling on the weekends.

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that we have done very well with our sales for the first 7 weeks of the new parish fiscal year. As of this writing, our sales have increased by 38% over our sales for last year for the same period. I know that Kwik Trip sales helped some of this but I think we are doing great in making SCRIP a major parish fundraiser. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!

Hope to hear from some more volunteers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. For more information, please e-mail the parish office: holycross@new.rr.com.

No comments: