(Click in the line above for our latest bulletins.)


December 26/27 From the Pastor's Desk...

My Dear Parishioners,

I do hope that you and your family had a Peace-filled and Blessed Christmas! My holiday was quiet but most enjoyable, and I was in touch with my family through the telephone and with my brother Bob in Utah using “SKYPE” - some may be familiar with it - using your computer and its built in videocam, you can talk and also see each other. It was sort of fun and enjoyable and of course makes me feel “high tech.” One of my Christmas gifts was a KINDLE - which, for those unfamiliar with it, is sold by Amazon.com and is a very thin, book-size device, which enables you to download full books for $9.99 and build up a library. You are able to bring up the book with all its contents and read it page by page. I am enjoying it. To learn more about it, if you care to, just go to Amazon.com and click on “Kindle.” Advances in computers are startling. Last June, my very old computer died and the Order purchased a new one for me. It is an HP TouchSmart, IQ500 series computer, and I recently discovered it has what is known as voice recognition, which means I can teach the computer to recognize my voice, and after training, I can simply dictate to it and it will compose, for example letters, etc and will print them out - all done simply by my speaking to the computer. I’ll let you know how this works out … absolutely amazing.

This Sunday is Holy Family Sunday. Take time this weekend to appreciate your family. Our Second Reading from Paul to the Colossians speaks of the qualities, attitudes, and relationships that we should have in our individual and family life. I think all will agree that, if we incorporated these qualities into our everyday life, it would truly be a wonderful and happy way of living. Why not take time over the next week to read Paul’s advice over and over again and, even more important, to try to incorporate it into your own and your family's daily life.

The Feast of the Holy Family is also intended to remind us that, for Jesus, Mary and Joseph, life was not all sweetness and happiness. They were a real family just like your family. They had their times of peace and serenity, but they also knew economic hardship, hard work, and times of pressure and frustration. They lived at a time of persecution, and their country had been conquered, invaded, and occupied by harsh Roman soldiers. As humans, they had to practice compassion, understanding, patience, kindness, and forgiveness - all of which St. Paul speaks about. So take some time this weekend to appreciate your family, and if you need to work on some of Paul’s suggestions, the new year is a good time to begin.

Kindly keep in mind that the Parish Office is on a holiday schedule and will be closed all of next week. Remember that January 1st is a Holy Day of Obligation this year and Masses for the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary are as follows: Thursday, December 31st, Vigil Mass at 6 pm; Friday, January 1st, Mass at 10 am. Happy New Year to all!

Oremus Pro Invicem,
Father Tom


Related link:

1 comment:

Mary-Frances Scully said...

Thank you,
I am a member of St. Pius X parish in St. John's, Nl, Canada. I enjoyed reading Daily Reflections for Advent written by Bishop F. Morneau and so I googled Resurrection Parish and found your beautifully designed web-site.
For many of us trying to understand the Gospel message is a tall order ,especially with the fast pace of change in our society and the pressures of keeping up with information technology. Its refreshing to read this pastoral letter which so elegantly combines a lesson on core Christian values with a really smart approach to exploring new IT resources.Mary-Frances Scully