The HOLY CROSS PARISH ALTAR SOCIETY is being reactivated! Mark your calendars for a kick-off event on Saturday, May 9, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the school gym. Drop in any time and stay as long as you wish—bring your mother, daughter, girl friend. Participate in activities occurring throughout the day:
- Register as a member of the Altar Society ($5 annual dues)
- Browse displays to learn about different parish ministries and sign up to help if you wish
- Participate in make-and-take events such as rubber stamping/card making or make your own rosary (Fr. Tom will bless them at the weekend Masses)
- Enjoy a chair massage for just $1 per minute from Tranquility Spa
- Listen to presentations by representatives of Baylake Bank on Protecting Yourself From Identity Theft & Scams (10:30 a.m.), Investing Wisely (11:30 a.m.), or Budgeting/Debt Reduction (1 p.m.)
- Enjoy refreshments served throughout the day
- Do you sew? Drop of a 6x6 cotton quilt square in the pattern of your choice, and the Prayer Shawl Ministry will sew them together and make a sampler quilt to be auctioned off at the parish picnic (examples can be found on a board in the church entrance—no drawings, glitter, etc. please).
- Do you knit or crochet? Drop off a 6x6 block, and the Prayer Shawl Ministry will put them together to make an afghan to be auctioned off at the parish picnic—your choice of pattern.
It was suggested that the "Altar Society" name is a bit out-dated. So, we are holding a "Rename the Altar Society" contest. Please submit your suggestions for a new name to the Parish Office by April 30, and voting will take place on May 9. The person submitting the winning name will win a special gift!
The Holy Cross Parish Family
Holy Cross Parish Family, with the Eucharist as our center, welcomes all God’s people through our open doors. By working together as a strong faith community, we live what we believe. Our Catholic heritage and solid educational tradition provide the foundation upon which we build for the future.
Founded in 1852 by Fr. Edward Daems, the Holy Cross Parish Family is the third oldest parish in the Green Bay Diocese.